Looking for a short getaway from Los Angeles? Look no further than Ventura, a quaint beach town in Central Coast California located just an hour northwest of LA. It’s great for an overnight trip, but instead of staying at a hotel or AirBnb, you should definitely consider a glamping experience at Waypoint Ventura when visiting.
Waypoint is a hip and modern remix of a trailer park, offering guests the chance to stay in restored and renovated aluminum travel trailers. It’ll make your short stay much more memorable. Plus with Waypoint’s proximity to the Ventura Pier and Downtown Ventura, you can easily walk to the main points of interests.
There are about twenty trailers onsite that you can book, each with a different story on how it got to Waypoint. They range from restored vintage ones, to modern luxury trailers, to king size trailers that can hold four or more people.
We stayed in Trailer #4 (The Navigator). It had a mid-century modern vibe with wood finishes and a blue and grey color themed interior, giving it a very sleek and clean feel. You might think staying in a trailer can be cramp, but it was the opposite. Our trailer had a comfortable queen sized bed, table for two where we ate breakfast, small kitchen, and spacious bathroom with a shower stall. There was also a flat screen TV equipped with Direct TV and free WiFi. It actually felt like we were in a nice hotel room.
Waypoint also offered some cool amenities for guests. There were bikes that you can check out for free to ride to the Pier or Downtown. For kids and adults, there were swings and corn hole to enjoy. If you’re looking to grill up during your stay, there was also a BBQ area with two nice gas grills. The best part was the free s’mores kits! I can’t remember the last time I made s’mores, so I was very excited. You can ask for as many kits as you want and each comes with a full Hershey’s bar, 4 marshmallows, and graham crackers. Roasting s’mores by the fire was the perfect way to relax and wind down at night.
Waypoint is located in a great location. You can walk 10 minutes to the Ventura Pier where you can enjoy amazing tacos and local beer from Made West. Downtown Ventura is about 15 minutes away and there you can find a lot of restaurants, bars, and vintage stores to explore.
Address: 398 S Ash St Unit 3, Ventura, CA 93001
Hours of Operation: Front desk is open from 7 AM-10 PM
Parking: Each trailer has its own parking space
- If you want one of the more popular trailers, you should try to book it far in advance. We reserved our trailer two months ahead
- You don’t need to bring a lot of supplies, as the front desk has plates, bowls, and cutlery. The room also had paper towels, which was more than enough for our stay, and two bottles of filtered water
- The Waypoint staff is very friendly! They aren’t onsite after 10 PM, but there’s a phone number to call for after hours emergencies
- Waypoint is a great place to take kids! They’ll love the big swing set
- Dogs are only allowed in certain trailers.
- The trailer park is located right next to the train tracks, but it’s not very noisy as only a couple trains passed by during the early part of the day
- The trailer park is gated so you’ll feel safe and secure